Friday, October 13, 2006

First Aider Called To His Own Emergency

A first aider suffering a suspected heart attack received a pager message sending him to his own emergency. Roger Flux, 66, a volunteer community responder for Hampshire Ambulance Service, had chest pains in bed at his home. His wife called 999 as a precaution and paramedics were on the scene within minutes. It was then that Flux got a pager message scrambling him to the emergency at his own house. He said, "I was on call that evening and during the middle of the night I had severe chest pains. In a couple of minutes the ambulance crews were here. In the meantime, I asked my wife to get my response bag. While I was sitting down my pager went of, telling me to attend to a man with chest pains. Then I looked at the address - it was my own."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home